Author Final Paper Preparation and Submission Instructions
Congratulations on having your paper accepted for publication in the proceedings of the ICNP2007!
The following information is provided to help you in the preparation and submission of your final paper as it will be published in the proceedings. Please follow all STEPs to ensure the submission process is completed successfully.
STEP 1: Paper Specifications
PAPER PAGE LIMIT:
TEN (10) pages, including all figures, tables, and references Papers over the limit will not be accepted.
STEP 2: Important Deadlines
PAPER DEADLINE: Final paper is due by Sep. 3 2007.
COPYRIGHT DEADLINE: A signed copyright release form is due by Sep. 3 2007.
STEP 3: Important Information about Preparing your Paper
IEEE now offers conferences free access to PDF eXpress, the IEEE's online file conversion/PDF validation tool, to assist authors in preparing suitable electronic files of their final papers. PDF eXpress helps authors convert their papers into IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF files (conversion function) or to check their own PDF files for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF validation function).
PDF eXpress is not a file submission system and does not capture files. An author's file simply passes through the system returning a PDF file or an error report.
After using PDF eXpress you will still need to send the IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file of your final paper later in this publication submission process (see Step 8).
STEP 4: Formatting your Paper
Your final papers MUST be formatted to IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Manuscript Formatting Guidelines (see link to "formatting instructions" below). It is highly recommended that you proofread and check the layout of your paper BEFORE submitting it to PDF eXpress.
Formatting Instructions can be found at: click here
STEP 5: PDF eXpress Online File Conversion/PDF Validation Tool
Only IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF files will be published in IEEE Xplore.
5.1) If you would like to create your own PDF file, please change the setting on your PDF distiller to insure your paper meets IEEE PDF specifications. Basic PDF distiller settings MUST be changed to:
* Acrobat 4.0 compatibility,
* ALL graphics at least 300 dpi resolution, (higher if preferred)
* ALL fonts MUST be embedded and subset,
* Postscript settings DO NOT override distiller settings,
* Page size is 612.0 x 792.0 points (8.5 " x 11").
IMPORTANT: Authors must check their final PDF files before submission to verify that all fonts have been properly embedded and subset. Some font manufacturers now flag their fonts to not embed. These fonts must be avoided.
5.2) If you would like to submit your source file to PDF eXpress for conversion and validation, PDF eXpress converts the following file types to PDF:
* Word Pro
* Microsoft Word
* Rich Text Format
* (La)TeX (DVI and all support files required)*
For documents created in formats that do not embed source files, include all support files with the final manuscript in a compressed archive for submission. If it is possible to embed images in the source document, you should do so to avoid potential issues, such as missing graphics.
5.3) PDF eXpress is available for use for ICNP 2007 as follows:
1. Go to http://220.127.116.11/pdfexpress/log.asp
2. Click button: "First time logging in click here"
3. Enter Conference ID: icnp07
4. Enter your email address
5. Choose a password
6. Continue to enter information as prompted (You will receive an email confirming the successful creation of your account).
7. Upload either your source file or PDF file for Conversion; and/or PDF Checking
8. Use PDF eXpress to obtain an IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file.
1. The site contains extensive instructions, resources, and helpful hints.
2. Through your PDF eXpress account, you may submit your source application files for conversion to PDF, and/or submit PDFs for checking.
3. You will have the opportunity to revise your submission if you are not satisfied with the PDF that PDF eXpress creates for you, or if the system finds problems with your paper, or if your PDF fails the PDF Check.
4. Technical support via email and telephone is available if you experience trouble in creating your PDF.
5. If there is a problem with your file, you will receive an e-mail detailing the problem(s). Otherwise the system will e-mail you a copy of your IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file.
If you have any PDF-related questions, please do not hesitate to contact your editor or the IEEE PDF help desk at PDFsupport@ieee.org. If you have technical questions regarding PDF eXpress Web site, please contact the PDF eXpress support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 6: Renaming your PDF File for Submission
Once your paper has been converted into an IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file, you will need to rename your file for final submission.
* Please use the first author's last name followed by his/her first initial when naming your file, followed by a keyword from your paper title. For example, the filename for J. Smith submitting the paper titled: "On Urquhart's C Logic" would be jsmith-Urquhart1.pdf
* If you are submitting two or more files, please number them: jsmith-Urquhart1.pdf, jsmith-Urquhart2.pdf, etc.
STEP 7: Submitting a Signed Copyright Release Form
If you have NOT already sent us the copyright form when you submitted your paper, please fill-out and sign the following IEEE copyright release form. You will need to include:
1. Paper's full title
2. All authors names
3. Conference title: The International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP)
4. Signature (on appropriate line)
The copyright form can be found at
The completed forms should be faxed to: +86-10-62771527
Attn: Prof. Yin Xia/ICNP 2007
Please note: You are stating that the material in your paper is original and you have not previously released copyright for this paper to another party. We cannot publish your paper without this properly filled-out and signed form. Sign the second signature line only if you are a U.S. Government employee.
STEP 8: Final Paper PDF File Submission
When you are ready to submit the PDF, please e-mail it as an attachment to email@example.com with Subject line: ICNP Final Paper
STEP 9: Registration
At least one author for every paper must register in a non-student category.